Monday, June 7, 2010

uno mas? TULUM 2010


After long days chillaxing by the beach, bottomless strawberry/colada smoothies, sweaty tennis matches, beach volleyball, skim-boarding sessions, hiking through ancient ruins, we are finally home and feel refreshed and relaxed. We booked this trip to Tulum months ago, it was kind of an escape for just the two of us to escape school, work and freaking MCAT studying!!!! We loved every minute and there just is no place like Mexico!
This was our home for the past 10 days, not bad...





John loves to dab on the skimmy, he has gotten pretty good at it too, but my favorite is watching him eat sand when he gets too cocky!!!!

Tulum ruins are supposed to be a sacred and historical site, but all John wanted to do was climb them..

One of John's many attempts to make friends with the Iguanas...


3G service, full bars every where!!!


Wanting to cliff dive, but was unable do to lack of speedo!!!



El Templo de las Iguanas....not really

Floating head in the picture!!!





Usain Bolt!!!

Why is Co hugging a shadow?


So John attempted to run the skimmy on the the beach of the Tulum ruins, but the personnel there blew their whistle at him saying it was illegal, because it was considered a national park, so John spoke with them a bit, and they gave him directions to this secluded beach not many know about, so we took their word for it, and during the journey to this local beach, we began to doubt, but finally stumbled upon this beautiful beach, white flat sands, and absolutely no people. it was incredible!!!!Well worth the long hot walk....





One of our favorite pass-time is tennis, and we took full advantage of the court at the resort. The very cool thing about the court was it's in a very tropical climate and there are always iguanas around the court. So basically, we had an audience of iguanas lining the court, very unique. We played tennis everyday and it was super hot, John sweat off probably 25lbs worth of sweat!!!





Belly-Flop contest, so the staff grabbed John and said we need you to be apart of this competition, we had no clue, and John just went along with it. It turned out they were doing a belly-flop contest, all the guys tried hard to do their best, but when it was John's turn, and knowing John, he had to take things to the next level, so he grabbed one of the employees and had him stand at the edge of the pool, then John ran towards him, jumped and cleared the dude, and belly flopped into the pool. It was awesome, and it took me by surprise that John could even jump that high. Anyways, John, ended up loosing to some guy from west virginia, it was kind of fixed, because the whole crowd was from west virginia, and knew the guy who won...But that whole day, people kept coming up to John and saying "hey you are the guy who jumped over that one guy, you should have won". John laughed and laughed about how many people kept coming up to us, we met a lot of peeps that day, everyone was extremely friendly, and I'm sure it was a result of the atmosphere and limitless alcohol!!!




Doing what we do best! Being bums down at the beach, John loves to listen to his ipod, I love to read books, and most of all we love taking long walks down the beach and get lost in conversation with each other. John, always jokes about how he was meant to be by the ocean, but now I totally agree with him. We belong here at the beach!!!



One of John's daily habits he picked up while on this trip was walking through our lobby and making a stop at the bar for a smoothie and cookie. It became such a habit that the bartender knew John very well, and when he saw him, he knew exactly what to start making!!! it was funny. I also noticed in our lobby was a chess set, so I had John teach me to play chess, since I already beat him in horseshoes and tennis, I figured it was okay that he beat me in chess....ha ha...









I had to put these pics in of my husband, I think he's kinda beautiful!!!!







They showed movies on a big screen every night on the beach, this is us trying to squish into one beach chair!!!

This time we had to spend away from the hustle and bustle was all about us, us and us!!! It was funny, because John, got so dark, that we joked about him being held up by immigration, and when we hit the airport, I handed my passport to the officer, and he let me through in 1/2 of a second, then John gave his passport, and the officer spent a longtime observing the passport and John. We were joking, but it almost happened, ha ha!!!





US hanging out in the CRACK!!! We found this really cool area at the beach that was hidden, and it was a crack, John chuckles knowing that we were in the crack!!!


We had a blast, can't wait for the next one, but for now we are just happy to be together, bring on the summer!!!!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

looks like so much fun! GOsh, we haven't seen you guys in forever! Don't think that since we have kids we don't want to hang out anymore! Hopefully we can all get together this summer we have so much to catch up on!

Perla said...

John: If you manage to keep that tan(youre darker than me now) dont even attemp to go to Arizona for school. Im thinking you could get in trouble.hahahaha.

Nate and Jamie said...

Way fun! What a blast... I am so jealous! I can't believe how dark John is. He looks like he changed races for sure.

Heather Buttars said...

Looks way fun! I want to go! I love Mexico. It has been a way long time since I have seen you last. We will have to catch up sometime.

The Cotton's said...

What a beautiful place! Looks like you guys had so much fun! Man, I am so jealous, that looks so nice and warm, relaxing, and wonderful! You guys are both super tan!

Makenzie & Jordan said...

Could John be tanner? Looks fun!!

Whittney said...

Co!
I loved talking to today. I missed you!
You can find our pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bcrockett/

xoxo,
Whitt