Saturday, September 11, 2010

San Francisco

This was our view on the way into the city. We crossed the Oakland Bridge to a fog covered city. Almost every morning fog filled the air. And this was our house for the week, not too shabby.






Our first dinner in San Fran at the Mission District. I called it scary-ville and I didn't want to get out of the car. The tortillas were great, but I kept saying who knows I could have brains in my burrito.


We all LOVE ICE CREAM! Even if it costs too much and it's freezing cold!


Who loves Jelly Beans? The process to make a jelly bean takes 3 weeks! WOW!



At the wharf we played all these old-school games. It was so much fun!








We walked along Pier 39. Watched seals and shows. And had donuts and hot chocolate to stay warm.



The Redwood Forest was amazing! My Dad was so excited to finally get there and mark it off his bucket list. It was actually right by the house we were staying at. Truly remarkable place! After we went to eat in Salsalidos, at a dive. I was so excited to sit next to the bathroom. :( The food ended up only being ok; but we were taking in all that San Fran had to offer.









Our walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. It was really windy, but we did get to see dolphins swimming below. We couldn't believe how crowded it was!



Our trip to china town to see how fortune cookies are made and of course to eat some. We didn't know it would be like stepping into a sweat shop!



6 Flags was the best day ever because John and I got to touch an elephant! Ty was excited to touch a sting-ray for the first time. And Con and John were just happy to ride as many rides at they could.









Our day at Alcatraz. We got private tours due to Ty's curiosity. We got to see the upper level which was the hospital area. And we got to go into the gun corral area where the guard stood watch to shoot anyone if needed. We also went below and wore hard hats where the army at one time used it to live. John and I played outside where they had an arena and a baseball field. It definitely had an eerie feel about it. But was very interesting and a must see!






Dinner at the pier. John and I ate at a yummy Italian restaurant over-looking this boat dock. So romantic!!:) While the rest of the family ate at Bubba Gumps seafood...yuck. Then we had to stop at the donut shop. My dad was in love with these donuts; they were really tasty!


John was so sweet and held me tight while we stood in line for an hour+ to ride the famous trolleys; it was freezing COLD! We rode through the city and got dropped off in the middle of no-where, we actually made it back to our cars just fine. What a way to end our trip.


Goodbye San Francisco! You are the Coldest place in the world during summer so we won't be back!

4 comments:

Josh and Megan said...

San Fran is the best! I'm so jealous of all your summer travels!

Scott and Steph said...

Wow...looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Can't wait until Scott and I can take these vacations with Lucas. Hmmm....just need to get Scott through school first. :(

Gavin and Natalie said...

Oh my word. What an amazing trip! Sounds like you guys had a blast! When we went, we missed out on the Jelly Belly place and fortune cooking making. Thanks for posting the pics. It's almost as good. :) You're right...SO COLD there! We went in August and thought people were crazy to be out running at the park. Gavin surfed, and I was terrified since sharks love cold water. I feel safer with him in So. Cal. haha.

You guys are always having so much fun. If you ever make it to So. Cal, know that you have a place to stay! :) I can't remember if I've invited the blog or not. If you want an invite or don't have one, my email is nan8422@hotmail.com

Have fun!

Natalie

Alex and BreeAnn said...

Oh Nicole!! It's Bree! I started a blog finally! I'm going to be 100% dedicated to it too! I miss you!