Sunday, July 10, 2011

Goodbye Bullet

This was my very first car! When I first turned 16 I was given our family van and told if I wanted another car I needed to sell the mauve and white ugly thing. So that was my goal...get rid of the van as fast as possible. I actually ended up selling it quickly with the thanks to my friend Stacie. My dad found my sunfire up near little cottonwood canyon. The owner was a dentist and it was his son's car, they sold it because he was getting a ferrari:) I couldn't believe this was my car, it was so beautiful!! The license plate even said "Beautiful Life"(BTFLFE). I would get stopped all the time with people asking me what my license plate said. I loved every minute driving my manual car, although it took me quite a while to even begin to drive it. I avoided all hills for like the first year. That is quite some time to drive a car for 12 years! Kinda becomes a part of you and is hard to see it go. John began driving it this last year and named it the black bullet...it sold before I even told him I put it up for sale. He was shocked since his car took a good three weeks. I posted it online and had calls to buy it before I even finished posting the pictures. It was sold within two hours. Thanks to my Dad and Dev for helping me clean it before they arrived. My car was sold to a kid who just got his drivers license, it was his first car! I posted lots of pictures as to not forget what my sunfire looked like. It's funny how a lot of memories are linked with a car.... first dates, dances, long rides to st. george, college, running out of gas and locking the keys in it quite often, work, summer fun. Thanks Mom and Dad for such a great first car!



0 comments: