Saturday, May 16, 2009

Im sweating right now! Im in a room that is about the size of my bedroom with 7 other guys, we are all using the inernet, there is one fan in the small room, and I happen to be located in the only place where the fan does not pass by, just my luck, Im sweating pounds off while updating our blog. I promised my Vaga she would have pics to see tonight, and there is no way Im going to let her down. So, beginning in the series of pics that is me standing at poolside at a home in San Juan del Sur, the house is located way up in the cliffs, these definitely are not the typical homes you´d find in nicaragua, but San Juan is a tourist town where gringos flock to. So I had the unique opportunity to go and view some of the eco friendly homes located high up, over looking the ocean, not too shabby! The next 6 pics are of the pearl fo this country in my opinion, its called San Juan del Sur. Very cool little surf town, it is so layed back and welcoming. The pic of the pots, are men walking up and down the beach selling their handmade pottery, very cool and authentic. Also, there is a pic of a new little friend I was lucky enough to make, her name is Alexanria, very sweet and fun girly to be around, I just had to add this pic to the blog because of her goofy little floaty arond her waist! Also there is a pic of a statue of Jesus that sits on top of the cliffs overlooking the cove of San Juan. It reminds me a lot of that same statue that is so familarly seen in Brazil. The pic of the tables with trees around it, is the dinning place in our little hotel we stayed in while in San Juan. The streets of San Juan are lined with surf shops and cafes, Big Wave Daves is located right in the center of town, cool little surf shop. The next pic of me picking at my peeling skin, is in a lagoon called Apoyo, it basically is a volcano that has water in it, it feels like you are swimming in a big giant bowl. Definitely, not something you get to do everyday, so of course I wanted in... The next pic of me, Im lounging around in a hostel in Leon, I went there for breakfast, the food was okay, but it was a fun to experience. The next pic is me laying on the floor in my bedroom with all the hygiene kits, just got done putting all the towels in their propper kit, and Co thought I wouldnt do it!!! Another pic of me at San Juan at a cafe, the best the beach, the sun, and cheap frozen fruit drinks. The only thing that would make this perfect, is if my bestfriend was here...I miss you Vaga. The last pic is funny, its the twilight series by Stepanie Meyer but in spanish, I thought Co would enjoy that.











2 comments:

Karen Cartie said...

Hey Johnny,
It looks like you are enjoying yourself and getting to see and experience some of the stuff you didn't get to while on your mission there. I look forward to your updates and enjoy sharing your travels.
Love, Mom

Perla said...

San Juan is not the Pearl of Nicaragua...I am, John! Hahahaha.