Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Okay, so some pics I forgot to add from the original post, I didn´t want you to think I was wearing the same clothes everyday like a bum...So in these pics, first, I´m sitting in the heart of Leon at the oldest and biggest cathedral in Leon. As I stroll down the streets you can just hear and feel all the history and tradition eminating from the buildings, art, and people. The cool pic of the lion is at that same cathedral in Leon, and the cool pic of the two men holding up the structure of the cathedral is one of my favorites. The dogs here that roam the streets appear more like huge street rats, they aren´t the type of dog you would want to pet, and that is coming from a huge animal lover. The dogs are just plain nasty....So of course I had to get a pic with one while he was servicing his undercarriage. Nicole will love these pic, I can hear her voice now in my head saying,¨oh, dont get near it¨ There is this hip little joint right in the center of town, that is owned and run by a gringo company, who tuned an idea into a reality. A reality that is one of the hippest places to be in this memorable city. The little joint is called the Michoacana, they make fresh fruit popsicles. All fruits that you can find in this country they have a flavor for it, my favorite by far is the passsion fruit popsicle, it is heaven, and I dare even say it is on the same level of a slurpee! I have been there everyday so far and Im racking up my frequent visitor miles in this little piece of heaven...It is so irresistible when they only cost 50 cents, and with it being so freaking hot here...To sum it up, it is a very cool place to refresh. The one pic of me standing in my room, trying to unpack and get settled in, do you like my flowered bedding... Also, the pic of my laying on the floor is pretty much what I do at night right before I hit the sack, I lay in front of the tv and try to unwind. I have set up the areas will I will be going to hand out the kits, and have familes picked out, that will all begin tomorrow in Masaya, Nindiri. Im way excited, and of course I will take lots of pics and keep you posted....Again, I love you Vaga, and miss my bestfriend....Thanks for allowing me to be here you are the best...







0 comments: