Hello, from nicaragua!!! hi baby, I know you are feeling sad, but I promise I will always be safe and will only drink purified water!!! I haven't taken too much pictures yet, but I promise I will take more as soon as I get organized... I'm staying in Leon, this is a pic of the little house here I will be living for my time in the country. Im staying with Perla's mom, and they have been so welcoming and helpful. We spoke with Perla's dad and brother who said they could probably arrange for me to go and tour the medical school here, and also give them a small presentation on the link between gum and heart disease!!! That should be interesting!!! Fake it til you make it, right!!! Of course I will be using the handy little printouts that Co made for me...I love you vaga!!! In these few pics, there is a pic of Perla writing her missionary boyfriend, who is serving in mexico. Perla, already has her wedding planned out, I still wonder if HE knows he is getting married when he gets home in october? Also, in the pics are me sitting in the nica trademark wooden rocking chair. Every nica house you enter(majority)will have a wooden chair like the one Im sitting in, if you place a fan right next to your face as you rock back and forth its really quite nice!!! These are pics at Perla's dad's house, I thought it was really cool that the living area, had an "open jungle" in it! It is really strange to be here again, I thought I would be much more familiar with everything, but I was mistaken...Its good to be back, I spend a lot of time next to the fan, but Im happy and greatful to have this opportunity...Again thanks to everyone who came through in so many ways to assist me in my cause for being here. I will keep this blog updated with plenty more pictures and stories...Thanks again, and Vaga, I miss and love you like a fat kid misses cake!!!
Monday, May 11, 2009
Posted by John and Nicole Makoni at 2:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
So happy to hear you made it safely there. Have fun, keep in touch. Love, Mom
Hey bro its good to hear you made it through the MCAT's and are now in Nicaragua. I will check your blog often to see the updates. Hope you have a good time while you are there. See you in a few weeks.
Post a Comment