I called John on my way home from work on Monday to turn up the crock pot for dinner. I could hardly hear him say, I can't...I'm in the emergency room. Of course I am freaked out! No one knew he was there, of course, he drove himself!! I get there frantically and he is bent over weezing and in pain with all these sticky tabs all over him from the EKG. He thought he was having a heart attack. They told him he had Pericarditis; which is a viral infection surrounding the heart or the heart sac. They sent him home and told him to take ibuprofen to help reduce the inflammation. There was nothing else they could do unless it got worse. So he had to just ride out the infection. It lasted for four days of major pain to where he was passing out and having to sit upright to sleep. Then the days following he was really tired. I took him to Target on Friday and got him laughing so hard he had to go home and take a nap. Thankfully after prayers and a blessing he is back to his normal self. It makes you realize how life can change so fast and how thankful we are for our health.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Poor little thing! I dreamt about you guys last night and thought of checking out your blog this morning and look what I find out!
Oh my goodness! That is so scary! I am so glad he is okay. Life really is fragile!
Jon I had the same thing. It scared me! I felt dumb when they told me to just take Ibuprofen. It still comes back sometimes (hope it doesn't for you).
I am so glad he is okay! I bet you were so freaked out! Take care of yourself, Makoni!
Post a Comment