Sunday, May 27, 2012
MOAB April 2012!!!
The first day we arrived we hiked Negro Bill just outside of town. It took us about 4 hours with the dogs and John ate most of the food before we even reached halfway! It was beautiful with streams and a small trickling waterfall at the end. The dogs loved it! Pockets would get scared at the site of water and would have to be held but loved running the trail, almost half of it John and her ran....she kept tugging and looking back at him like get going faster! Jerz on the other hand if she got tired she just layed down and then someone would carry her. It was a fabulous hike- would definitely do it again! Con and Dev arrived late that night after we had just gotten to bed following the couple of hours bathing the dogs :)
Second day in the morning John got up to take Pockets outside and she darted off so fast chasing rabbits...he thought we would never see her again-thank goodness she came back. We hiked a couple small hikes in the national park--The Windows and then Devils Triangle. At the Windows hike we played a jumping game...I of course sucked and John loves to watch me jump because I can't....it makes him laugh and laugh. Devils Triangle was slow and peaceful John and I held hands and laughed and talked. Ty and Con raced to the car halfway through the last hike, we thought someone was going to fall down or kill someone. We then went and played tennis, which dad and john won :( And we had dinner at the Moab Brewery. What a fabulous day!
The Last day we went on a five hour hike to the Doulble O Arch. It was a very hot and long day. The boys even went up on the arch which freaked me out! My mom and I started back early by ourselves, which was a little scary...we were glad when the boys finally caought up. Ty and I raced back to the car and out of nowhere, John beat both of us. That night we went out for mexican, watched movies and ate ice cream at the condo.
It was a fabulous weekend getaway! John and I have now hiked all the trails in the park--the rest of the family already had. Kinda crazy that some of them can seem like a new hike, shows I would get lost on my own. Thanks fam for such a great trip!
Posted by John and Nicole Makoni at 11:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment